Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Favorite Three-day Weekend Destination

Wellington Harbour
  Just for fun a couple of mates of mine and I went down to Wellington again last weekend. We started out the trip by missing our flight. Being the first flight I have ever missed, I was shocked at how well I managed to keep calm and carry on. I just kept saying to myself that if I am going to travel and many thousands and thousands of miles I have and will, then I am bound to miss a flight or two here and there. Further I didn't have any children with me, had no itinerary to met upon my arrival, and it was a short and cheap flight to begin with....
View from roof
of Te Papa
  Friday we went to Te Papa - third trip for me and I still haven't seen everything! Then had wine and beers on the warf and attended a small get-together at a friends house. Saturday we went up Mt. Victoria, to the Weta Workshop, had that famous Wellington coffee, cruised around the bays and went out for BYO Japanese in the CBD. Sunday was a lazy day filled with sight seeing and flight home. A fun-filled, yet refreshing weekend full of great weather - can't beat it!


You can vaguely see
the South Island in
the distance

I tried my first Dragon Fruit -
kind of bland, but
seriously colorful




No comments:

Post a Comment